A Mare Under Saddle in the Arena

Today I am working under saddle and a mare comes into the arena with a person at her side. I know that when I am under saddle there is no visiting with the mares, but I can't resist a low nicker as I trot past. She noticed!

Then she starts working under saddle, too. Each time we pass I turn my ear to her to see if she is noticing me. At first she just ignores me - then the ears start going back and she gives me dirty looks! What?! I'm not going to try anything. I just want her to notice how great I look.

At shows sometimes there are so many mares in the ring that I have trouble paying attention to my rider so I have to work really hard and I'm not good at dividing my attention. That means that I have to start paying a lot of attention to my rider so she will be happy and I can get a break. This usually gets me a lot of attention and sugar.

I'm a little confused about a mare under saddle - it's OK for a rider to mount her but not me!

No comments: